Words of warning and welcome:

This is very much my blog, so don't be surprised if this doesn't follow accepted patterns and norms. It is a place where I can be honest and I appreciate that. Here, I splurge. No one comes out looking good. It is a selfish place written by a pretty selfish person. It is a place of ranting and I am, ultimately, an unreliable narrator. Bear that in mind. I attempt to be honest, but things are very much from my point of view.

Highly subjective views of people in my life proliferate. It will deal with many things and new readers would do well to check out the "Story So Far" Page above. I can also heartily recommend that Dysphoria link if you're questioning or interested. Thank you!

Friday, 11 September 2026

Filthy Hope II

This human heart depends upon a dozen lies to keep keeping on, don't let the truth come along and interfere where it don't belong.

Events have come thick and fast. Big stuff, on a loop, on a bruising timeline and in a pace I hadn't really thought possible. And I have found it increasingly hard. Good intentions pave roads to Hell, this I know, but having some of those good intentions thrown back in my face has been somewhat gruelling. I don't think it's been on purpose so much as unthinking but, then, unthinking implies a certain amount about things does it not?

And so an old, familiar, refrain resurfaces: what is it about me that makes me unloveable?

There had been a day of positives you know, genuinely, after some worry that things would continue without me. But, as I tried to reflect on that, well, the situation in front of me turned sour and, suddenly, all that positive, all that good, seemed utterly irrelevant. Instead, I was forced to analyse language and realised that my words had not been reciprocated for some time (since the last time I posted here, fact fans) and I reflected and thought: wait. I have been here before, of course, very little stays new for long. Honestly, I've had a reasonably good run.

Don't embrace the lies you tell yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, I have a thicker skin virtually than I do in real life!